my baby is no longer a baby...

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

as in previous posts, ella is growing up so much lately. she's taking big steps to becoming a big girl. she's going to preschool, she sleeps in a big girl bed, she talks non-stop. the list just goes on. well yesterday i picked ella up from school and asked the teacher how she's been sleeping. she told me that she sleeps great and always sleeps the whole nap time and that they don't even give her the pacifier anymore. i've been putting off taking it away because i didn't want to make the teachers' lives miserable. but i've learned that people who work at daycares and preschools are not scared to try anything! i mean, to them, what's the worst that could happen? last night we figured we might as well see what happens and take it away. as josh and i were lying in bed about to go to sleep i told him "i'm going to give in tonight. i'm just too tired to fight." ella went to sleep at 8 and is still asleep now at 7am. so apparently she didn't need it anyway. i told my mom last night that once we take away the paci, we have given up that last thing that made her my little baby.

i guess we've still got to tackle diapers, but that's a whole different battle!

3 comments:

Tricia said...

What a big girl! I was going to buy a training potty today, but couldn't bring myself to do it. That's just a bridge I'm not ready to cross.

Laura and Ryan said...

She is growing up so fast! I know it must be hard for them to grow so fast...but you must also be so incredibly proud :)

jackson3 said...

Thats how we got rid of the paci too. Happend at day care, I can't believe how easy it was! I am terrified of moving Josie out of her crib so my guess is that she will four before it happens haha!