she's perfect - finally posting this!

Monday, August 16, 2010

It's funny to go back and read this. Ella was so easy then, then she got crazy after Sadie got here, and now she's easy again. It's crazy how cyclical kids are! It's always changing. I was so worried about Sadie's arrival being a negative thing for Ella, but it's been the best thing for her. She absolutely loves being a big sister. It's like I gave her the best present ever. She doesn't resent me at all for having to take care of Sadie, she takes it all in stride and she's so helpful. She is an amazing, perfect little girl and I love her so much!

5/6/2010

I have the easiest two year old right now. It's perfect timing, considering I'm about to have a newborn. She may regress when the baby gets here, but she and I have been having so much fun lately. She hardly ever gets into trouble. When we're at home, she tells me "Mommy, I want to take a nap" and so we go upstairs and about thirty seconds later, she's in bed and I'm on my own for the next 2 to 3 hours. She sleeps so well at night, she's potty trained (mostly), and we hardly ever have to discipline. She's good with her please's and thank you's and she's hardly ever moody. There are some times when she's so hyper that I get completely unnerved by it, but it's not so often anymore so that's good! She's still not good at sharing with other kids, but I figure that's because it has always been just her and she hasn't had to share yet. She's also the only girl in her class at Little Hands, so I'm sure she spends a lot of time defending herself from the boys! We've been having a lot of fun mommy/daughter time lately because I'm so worried about how she's going to react to Sadie's arrival. I already have to compete with Daddy so much as it is, I'm nervous that when I'm tending to a baby all day long, she's really going to resent me. My plan, as of now, is to include her in as much as I can and hopefully she will enjoy being my little helper.



We got down the bouncy chair, the infant car seat, and the swing last night so that I could strip them down and wash the pads. It's weird seeing all of this stuff again and remembering that Ella used to be small enough for all of these things. I still can't believe how much they grow up and you watch it the entire time, yet you don't realize it's happening. I love being a mother. I love my little Ella and I am so thrilled about our upcoming addition. I keep wishing it would happen, but I guess I need to work on my patience. Ella asks me a lot if Sadie is here yet. We're both ready! :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get a little teary every time I see the pictures Laurie took when Sadie was born. She captured some great moments. What's going on with your foot? You word it perfectly when you say you watch them grow the entire time, but you don't realize it's happening. It's so weird. It's hard for me to even realize that I am growing up. Weren't we just in high school? :)