Daddy's Princess

Monday, February 21, 2011

We have princesses. Two of them. They are so incredibly special and we do everything in our power to make them feel important and beautiful and special. When I was younger, my dad used to always tell me that I was a princess and I'd better not let any boy treat me otherwise. I hope Ella knows that there aren't going to be very many boys good enough for her.


They are daughters to The King, by the way. Aren't we all princesses? :)

Ella and Josh went to the Daddy/Daughter dance put on by the City of Lake Jackson on Saturday at the Civic Center. I don't think she has ever had that much fun in her entire life. She got dolled up in her party dress and sparkly shoes. They had snacks and spent the next hour and a half on the dance floor. When they got home, she seemed so big to me. She was telling me all about how much fun they had, she showed me how they were dancing and told me which songs she heard. She also won a the movie Flushed Away as a door prize and was so excited about winning it. I just sat and listened and saw the love for her daddy pouring out. And coming from a fellow daddy's girl, I know she felt so special and loved. Having a great daddy is something to be so thankful for. I am so blessed by my dad, and I know that Ella will grow up feeling the same way that I did, and still do. I know that dance wasn't necessarily Josh's thing, but he had so much fun with her. She is beautiful and precious and she's daddy's little princess.

1 comments:

Tricia said...

So sweet!! Are y'all teaching her the "butt shot" at 3 years old?! Haha.