Random Happenings

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Let's see, what's been going on around the Park household?  Not much, really.  Since Mother's day, Josh has been home for about a week and a half.  So we haven't made much progress on the house.  I take that back, we did make some pretty awesome progress in the kitchen.  We bought a new refrigerator, stove top, and microwave.  One weekend when Josh was home, he put them in and they made the kitchen look so much nicer...and part of this century.  I don't even mind my old cabinets anymore!

Oh, and we're spending $950 to have a diseased tree removed today.  Fun.

Did I happen to mention I hate don't love owning an older house?  If we could ever finish fixing things that are broken, we could actually use our money to remove the ridiculous chandeliers and wallpaper so it doesn't feel like we're living in some old person's house......sigh.  We'll get there.  Don't they say the process is the fun part?! (i think someone said that at some point)

Ella and Sadie have been having fun at gymnastics. Sadie cries the whole time if I'm not sitting on the floor with her while she's doing her thing. Ella's a pro. Although, they did a back flip thingy on the bars last week and Ella did not enjoy it much. We'll see if she can conquer her fears and do it again today.

Oh, and it's my BIRTHDAY MONTH!  I turn the big 3-0 this year.  I can't believe I got old and didn't even realize it.  But I think the 30's are supposed to be the prime years of your life, right?  I have to say that the second half of my twenties were the best years of my life.  I'm excited to see what the next decade has in store.  Josh has been out of town so much, so he saved up a lot of money with his per diem and told me I could pick anywhere to go for my birthday.  So we looked at all these different resorts and islands and places and finally picked a place in Belize.  You see, it can't be that far away because I've never left the girls longer than 2 nights and I was ok with leaving for 3 this time (baby steps, people!), but no more than that.  So Belize was pretty close, not too touristy, and not super expensive.  Beaches, rainforests, everything I could want!  And then I backed out.  I mean, I spent so much time researching and deciding and then when it came time to pull the trigger I just couldn't do it.  I don't know, being in a foreign country where there isn't very reliable Internet access or the ability to call and facetime the kids, I just couldn't do it.  So instead we're headed to Austin for two nights.  It's close and I can facetime.  I wish the girls were old enough to enjoy (and justify the cost) for Disneyworld.  I've never been, so when they're a little bit older we'll have fun doing that.  I must really be turning 30 if the idea of going to Disneyworld with my kids sounds more appealing than an oceanside beach resort on the Caribbean.......although after this tree fiasco, if I had booked the vacation I'd be having a heart attack right now, I'm sure! :)

Oh, and VBS is this month too.  The theme is Babylon, so we're studying Daniel.  It is going to be so much fun!  We have been hard at work getting the set ready.  Tracy and I have been making hedges out of crepe paper, glue, and frito lay boxes.  One side of a box takes me about 3 hours.  It's nuts.  I guess that's why we started so early! 4 more sides to go and the hedges will be done. 

Okay, I guess the kids have been playing on the iPad and my phone long enough...we have big day of cleaning and organizing ahead.  Here is life according to my iPhone....

well i'm obviously bad about documenting the houses's updates because i haven't taken any before photos.  but here's the after!


she's the best sunday afternoon napping buddy ever


i love my sadiebug!


i love this girl

sadie LOVED the splashpad!


here's the tree that's going down...it's the gigantic one on the left.  it's rotten at the base of the tree almost halfway through the trunk.  i was too afraid it would fall on my neighbor's house...or my kids...or pretty much anything near it!


and yes, those are mosquito carcasses...josh sprayed the yard with some heavy duty bug killer and he didn't spray the front porch.  so it turned into a mosquito graveyard!  i hate texas weather!

And a picture of a finished side of the hedge

0 comments: